An incremental release that features new functionality that will delight users.
Pronto Software announced its latest release of Pronto Xi ERP Software this week. Although just an incremental release, Pronto has added some significant functionality, that will delight Pronto Xi users.
Mobile Point-of-Sale (POS) Support for the newly released Pronto POS iOS App.
In this release look for a major addition to omni-channel retail functionality with the addition of Mobile Point-of-Sale. Mobile POS allows users to process sales while fully mobile in a shopping centre, at markets, sporting events and festivals, or virtually anywhere on the road using either an Apple iPhone or iPad device.
Mobile Point-of-Sale is a two-component piece with the Pronto POS mobile application available from Apple’s iOS App Store and POS app configuration utilities available in Pronto Xi ERP software release 740.4.
From the new Pronto POS iOS App, users on iPhone and iPad devices can:
- Create sales, customer orders, quotes or suspend sales
- Perform validated refunds and exchanges
- Execute promotions like price discounts, BOGO, multi-buys and thresholds
- Take sales even when offline
- Integrate to payment terminals and pay by card, gift card, cash, account and more
- Email receipts in real time or quickly print to a paired printer
- Use the Apple device camera as a barcode scanner or connect to a Bluetooth scanner
- Lookup and create new customers, or search their history
- Find and review products and inventory in store and at nearby stores
- Report on the day’s trade with key metrics and visualizations
- Perform the end of shift and reconcile cash processes.
Pronto POS app can be deployed to earlier versions (730.0 onwards) on request. The Pronto POS app can be downloaded from the App Store at: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/pronto-pos/id1327189225?mt=8.
International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) 15 Support
IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers establishes the principles that an entity applies when reporting information about the nature, amount, timing and uncertainty of revenue and cash flows from a contract with a customer.1 This new standard came into effect on January 1, 2018 and is now supported in Pronto Xi to help businesses achieve compliance.
When recognizing revenue, a company must now follow these 5-steps:
- Identify customer contracts
- Identify the performance obligations for contracts
- Determine the transaction price
- Allocate the transaction price to obligation
- Recognize revenue when performance complete
This service pack will enable deferred transactions to be utilized in accordance with new revenue recognition guidelines.
1IFRS, IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers, retrieved from http://www.ifrs.org/issued-standards/list-of-standards/ifrs-15-revenue-from-contracts-with-customers/
Additional Changes in Pronto Xi ERP Software Release 740.4
In addition to the major changes noted above, Pronto has also included updates to Single Touch Payroll for the Australian user base, along with enterprise wide updates for general application improvement and development.
For a complete review of changes contact Pronto Software for Pronto Xi Service Pack Release Notes Version 740.4 or download the Pronto Xi ERP Software Release 740.4 Marketing Advisory to learn more about the major enhancements included in this release.
To learn more about Pronto Xi ERP Software, please contact us. PSA is the leading North American reseller of Pronto Xi ERP Business Software dedicated to helping businesses in mining, distribution, field service and manufacturing industries improve their operations.